What we are offering:
We are a $700 million AUM fee-only wealth management firm located in Houston, TX seeking an Associate Advisor to join our team. This position is a client facing role that will be focused on building relationships with existing clients and assisting the lead advisor in prospect meetings. The Associate Advisor will be responsible for managing client relationships, creating and maintaining financial plans, assisting in financial plan presentations, and assisting with client and account-related paperwork.
Position Summary: This is a challenging position that requires you to work closely with the financial advisors and operations team members to provide day to day financial planning support to clients and prospects.
What you will get to do:
· Work alongside the lead Advisor in client meetings to deliver advice and build relationships
· Operate financial planning and performance software; eMoney Advisor and Tamarac
· Create and maintain financial plans in eMoney and assist in planning presentations
· Initiate applicable workflows in CRM software
· Implement action items resulting from meetings
· Coordinate client situation with client's strategic alliances and manage overall implementation work flow
· Work closely with Operations Manager for coordination and review of client account paperwork and custodian related service activities
· Assist with client appreciation events
· Contribute content to our newsletter and blog
What you will learn:
· How all aspects of a small for profit business come together to serve clients.
· How we approach financial planning and investment management and provide service to our clients.
· How to use eMoney and Tamarac Advisor View to produce financial reports.
· How to assess a client situation, develop preliminary recommendations, and deliver them to high net worth clientele.
How to ask the right questions at the right time and listen at the appropriate time.
What we seek in a candidate:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Financial Planning
· CFP® or pursuing CFP® certification, preferred
· Proficient in financial planning software (eMoney Advisor preferred)
· Demonstrate above-average oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrate above average organizational skills and the ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously and to prioritize those functions to meet the clients’ needs.
· Demonstrate problem solving skills. Loathe rote memorization, regurgitation, and being spoon fed.
· Competitive salary
· 401k plan with generous employer match
· Full Medical Insurance
· Paid training and professional memberships
· Personal mentorship by firm partners